- This event has passed.
Introduction to Demand, Capacity and Flow
September 25, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Does your organisation encounter problems with patient flow?
Are you interested in forecasting demand or capacity planning but don’t know where to start?
Do you want to learn some common pitfalls, principles and rules of thumb that might help you?This one day, hands-on workshop is an introduction to demand, capacity and flow aimed at staff from NHS Trusts, CCGs and Local Authorities, and is run by the NIHR CLAHRC North Thames Academy. After attending this workshop, you will have the skills and knowledge to apply simple principles and rules of thumb for managing demand and capacity in your local organisation or service. The course covers:
- Exploring what we mean by demand, capacity and flow
- The role of variability in demand forecasting and capacity planning
- How these concepts relate to flow within and between organisations
- Common pitfalls including the role and limitations of using historical data
- Some useful rules of thumb from ‘queueing theory’
- Practical skills and tips for applying these concepts within your own organisations