need to demonstrate the economic impact of projects in your organisation?
want to assess the outcomes and sustainability of a new service?
tasked with carrying out an economic evaluation, but don’t know where to start?
one day, hands-on workshop aims to provide an introduction to addressing these
challenges. It is run by the NIHR
CLAHRC North Thames Academy. The course is aimed at staff in
frontline services in the NHS and local government, who have limited experience
of conducting economic evaluations and decision making analysis.
attending this course, you will have the skills and knowledge to undertake your
own simple economic evaluation of a local intervention or service, and be able
to appraise other evaluations.
The course will cover:
- introduce the basic principles of economic evaluation methods
- explain how to assess the costs of an intervention/service
- explain how to measure and value outcomes of an intervention/service
- give practical examples of economic evaluation analysis
- help to understand how to use of economic evaluation in decision making
- offer the opportunity to discuss in small groups the economic evaluation you are doing or thinking of doing. A facilitator will help scope your economic evaluation, draft its core elements, identify the data you will need to use, think how you could overcome information or data gaps.
workshop is suitable for staff from NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and CCGs who
need to evaluate local programmes or services from an economic perspective as
part of their work. It is not aimed at academics and/or researchers.
order to be most beneficial for the participants, we invite applications from
individuals who are carrying out or soon will need to carry out an economic evaluation
of a service/intervention. In the selection process, we will give priority to
applications providing a detailed description of such projects. Groups of people working on the same
project are encouraged to apply.
previous knowledge of economics is required (or experience of study design and
statistics), however an
interest in economics and being comfortable with numbers is desirable.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Cost – This course is free
for staff working in NIHR CLAHRC North Thames partner organisations (please
click here to see a list of our
partners). There is a delegate fee of £250 for other attendees.
Registration will open on 22nd July 2019.
Please note, a cancellation fee of £100 will be charged to both partner and non-partner delegates in the event of non-attendance without notice after 5pm, Tuesday 22nd October 2019.
information please contact email@example.com