Introduction to Economic Evaluation
February 27 – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm UTC+0
Do you need to demonstrate the economic impact of projects in your organisation?
Do you want to assess the outcomes and sustainability of a new service?
Are you tasked with carrying out an economic evaluation, but don’t know where to start?This one day, hands-on workshop aims to provide an introduction to addressing these challenges. It is run by the NIHR CLAHRC North Thames Academy. The course is aimed at staff in frontline services in the NHS and local government, who have limited experience of conducting economic evaluations and decision making analysis. After attending this course, you will have the skills and knowledge to undertake your own simple economic evaluation of a local interventiom or service, and be able to appraise other evaluations. The course will cover:
- introduce the basic principles of economic evaluation methods
- explain how to assess the costs of an intervention/service
- explain how to measure and value outcomes of an intervention/service
- give practical examples of economic evaluation analysis
- help to understand how to use economic evaluation in decision making
- offer the opportunity to discuss in small groups the economic evaluation you are doing or thinking of doing. A facilitator will help scope your economic evaluation, draft its core elements, identify the data you will need to use, think how you could overcome information or data gaps.