Longstanding interest in quality improvement and cardiovascular disease
• Chair NICE guideline 2008 on lipids and CVD risk estimation
• Co-author of QRisk and QDiabetes scores
• UCLP and Tower Hamlets CCG CVD lead
• QMUL Clinical Effectiveness Group lead
• Evaluation of the NHS health Check programme
• Support and evaluation with colleagues, of Tower Hamlets managed practice networks that propelled Tower Hamlets CCG from the bottom quintile of performance in 2008 to one of the national top performers in 2013.
Currently working with UCLP across a number of CCGs on quality improvement in atrial fibrillation and other cardiovascular disease. He also supports work with the Clinical Effectiveness Group and its primary care database to develop information systems that support a range of studies in quality improvement including antibiotic prescribing, earlier breast cancer detection, domestic violence, testing for HIV and TB, diabetes and liver disease.
Clinical Effectiveness Group: http://blizard.qmul.ac.uk/ceg-home.html